At Westside Orthodontics we feel it is necessary to check-up on patients during this time. Hence we have introduced Telehealth!
If you are currently in treatment, you will automatically be contacted by our reception staff and offered a Telehealth appointment. Here's a bit of information about it:
- Definition: Telehealth uses information and communication technologies to deliver healthcare services and transmit healthcare information. Consultations can be synchronous (delivered real time -e.g. video conferencing) or asynchronous (not delivered real time -e.g. using email).
- A telehealth appointment is essentially a virtual appointment.
- We will be calling you on your mobile phone using FaceTime.
- How should I prepare?
- Brush your teeth well and wash your hands before the appointment
- Be ready at least 10 minutes before our call
- Choose a room that is quiet and private
- Face a window for ideal lighting
- Have 2 clean spoons ready in case we need you to retract your cheeks
- Ensure your device has a high-quality camera/speaker/microphone
- Speak clearly so your voice can be picked up by the microphone
- Have access to a landline phone as back-up
- Fees: there will be no charge.
- What happens at the appointment? We will ask you to show us your teeth so we can check your bite and orthodontic appliances. Dr. Devan will give you some advice and post out anything to keep you going!
- Consent/Privacy/Confidentiality: We will introduce ourselves and seek consent before proceeding; we will be calling you from the privacy of our dental surgery and only Dr. Devan and his three orthodontic assistants will be in the room; the consultation will not be recorded and we advise patients that they are not authorized to make their own recordings.