- Enjoy your chocolate Easter eggs but avoid sticky or hard candies!
- Choose dark chocolate. Not all chocolates are created equal! If you're looking for the lesser evil, dark chocolate has less sugar than white or milk chocolate and a higher percentage of cocoa.
- Enjoy your chocolate En Masse. Every time you enjoy something sugary, it feeds bacteria living on your teeth, which produces acid and erodes your enamel. It takes your saliva 30 minutes to come to the rescue and neutralize this acid. So if you keep snacking your teeth are endlessly subject to acidic conditions and your body doesn't get a chance to respond. So there is some wisdom in eating your eggs in fewer sittings!
- Drink plenty of water.
- Wait 30 minutes before brushing your teeth! The acid created from devouring treats softens your tooth enamel making it vulnerable to abrasion from tooth brushing. So give your saliva time to neutralize this acid and reharden your enamel by waiting half an hour before brushing your teeth!
- If you experience an orthodontic emergency (broken bracket, lost module, or a wire digging in), give us a call on 07 4613 1650 and leave a message to be contacted when we reopen and be ready to be seen the day of!
We wish all our patients an 'egg-citing' Easter and hope everyone has a well deserved break!